Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Writer's Book Tag



Yay! I have been tagged for my first time ever, and I am super excited! Now I get to talk books even more with you all.




Shout Out - Thank you so much to the wonderful Brianna Stacyn for tagging me. You all should definitely go check out her blog here. It's amazing!!

Tag 3 People - 
I don't know that I can tag even that many... but I will try.

Micaiah  @ Notebooks and Novels

Mary @ Sunshine and Scribblings

Well, I have two. I'll start with that *grins*.

Use the Graphic - Done. It's so beautiful! I love it.

First Draft: A Book or Series You Have Never Read Before

Hmm...... I would probably have to say The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. I have heard a lot about the series, but I just never seem to get to them. Maybe I will later this spring. It will have become one of my goals. *starts writing frantically in to-do journal*

Second Draft: A Book or Series You Didn't Like as Much the Second Time You Read It

This one would definitely have to be Lord of the Rings. I sincerely apologize to all of those LOTR fans out there. I read it once, and I have tried reading it since then time and time again. I can never make it all the way through, because I just don't like it.

Final Draft: A Book or Series You Have Liked for a Really Long Time

Redwall. Hands down. I have been reading (and re-reading) this series for about 5-6 years, and I still love it. I got some from the local library when they were going to sell them, and I was so excited! I still have that collection and I read it typically 1-2 times a year. I like that while the stories are separate, they are still connected to each other in many ways. It has just stayed with me all these years.


Killing Off Your Characters: A Book or Series That Made You Cry

I have never been brought to tears by any of the books that I have read. (Well now I have shot myself in the foot). The only one which brought me close was probably This Quiet Sky by Joanne Bischof. It was a good book, but so sad!!!! You most likely won't like the ending, but you should definitely still read it.

Plot Holes: A Book or Series That Disappointed You

There have been a few books over the years that have disappointed me, but the one that really let me down was the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed the first installment in the Percy Jackson series, but after he started the sequel series I was disappointed. For me it just wasn't as good as the original series.

Writer's Block: A Book or Series You Haven't Finished

The Inkheart trilogy is one such series for me, alas. I really do keeping meaning to get to it (like that will happen soon lol) but school is keeping me away. I thought the plot was really unique and it intrigues me. Have any of y'all read this series? Is it worth finishing?

Feedback: A Book or Series You Would Recommend to Anyone

Does it have to be a book or a series? Can it be an author???? Please??? Well, if it has to be a book or series, I would recommend The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope. It is a little bit of an easier read, but it is really interesting and even funny at times. I would highly recommend it though. There might be one d--n, but I think that is all. However, if it can be an author, I would recommend Agatha Christie, especially if suspense/mystery is your jazz. Her novels and short stories almost always have a twist that you don't see coming. It keeps you guessing right until the end, which is something that I like. Are there any books/series/authors that you guys would recommend? I would love to know!

I would also like to apologize for being so late with this week's post. I had a busy week and a youth group retreat so it just didn't work out. Thank you all for being so patient!
-Amelia

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm late in commenting! I read it earlier but had to get on my computer to comment.

    First of all, I highly approve of your taste in books. XD Redwall is amazing - it was practically the series of my childhood.

    Secondly, I really love LOTR, but I understand that it's not for everyone. What exactly don't you like about it? Too much description, too slow, or something else?

    Anyway, I'm glad you did the tag!! I loved reading it, and I'll have to check out a few of these. Oh, and you're basically the only other person I've met who's read The Sherwood Ring. :D Isn't it good??!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!

      Well, thank you XD. I checked out your post too and wrote down some new books to try out!! I can't wait to read some of them.

      Thank you kindly for understanding (lol). I don't know. It has just never really clicked with me the way other books have. (I don't know if that makes sense, I hope it does.)

      Well, thank you for giving me the opportunity to do the tag! It was really fun. Wow, I think that you are the only person I have met who has read The Sherwood Ring as well XD. Have you read Elizabeth Pope's other book, The Perilous Gard? It is super-good too. The Sherwood Ring is good! I LOVE IT. It's only one of my favorite books. (For being a stand-alone).

      Amelia

      Delete
    2. FYI my About Me page works now if you want to check it out XD

      Delete
    3. Oops, I'm late. So sorry! I meant to come back and check, but apparently I didn't. :(

      First of all, I LOVE your new background!! So pretty!

      One thing I've noticed about LOTR is that the younger you are when you read it, the more it seems to stick with you. (Oh, it totally makes sense!)

      Glad you enjoyed it! I loved reading your answers. I don't even remember where I found The Sherwood Ring. It's certainly not very well known! Yes, I have, actually! She's a great author.

      I saw that - it's great! :D

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. AHHHH you tagged me! Thanks so much, Amelia! This looks like a really fun tag. (I MEAN DUH. Books + writing = my life basically. :P)

    Thanks for the tag! I'll have to try to get around to this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I love your blog, it is always so interesting. Well when you do get around to it, I can't wait to read it!!

      Delete