Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

January Wrapup + the Superbowl


Hey guys and girls, and welcome! I hope you all had a fabulous start to the new year, and that you had a great January. Here is the stuff on my list today:

1. Cover January


2. Cover the Superbowl


3. Cover February





I don't know about you guys, but my January has been crazy. Debate tournaments, youth group retreats, birthdays, and the like. I am ashamed to admit it, but I think I only read 4 books in January (yikes). Most were Agatha Christies (of course) but I did finally read Ender's Game. Maybe I will have a review of that later this month.

Honestly, I though I wasn't going to enjoy it, and while there were a few squiffy moments, I did like it. I really, really, liked it. It spoke to me for some reason, especially the ending. So if you are looking for a slightly shorter book to read, Ender's Game (by Orson Scott Card) would be a good one, especially if you like sci-fi and all that jazz. Possible review forthcoming!

Onto the talk of the month (despite the fact that it was in February), the SUPERBOWL! Now I am a diehard Patriots fan, but congrats to the Eagles! They did such an awesome job, and they deserved the win. The Pats can't win all the time, and they did make it to the Superbowl. I'm still proud of them for putting up a fight at the end at least. Plus, look at that face! Lily Foles (the daughter of the Eagles quarterback, Nick Foles) is so cute! I can almost get over the fact that they won just because of that face.

Last but not least, what to look forward to for the coming month! Now, Black Panther comes out February 16th (HAHAHA finally), so I should hopefully post a review for that after I go see it! Are any of you all going to see it? Once it comes out I would love to hear your opinions! As I mentioned before, something about Ender's Game might also be appearing. I have a HUGE list of books to get through, which I hope to completely finish by the end of February. We will see how that goes. How are you all getting on with your books? Do you have time to read? Or not? I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful February,

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment