Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting

Yum!

Hey guys and girls, and welcome to my blog!!! Today I bring you one of my favorite cookie recipes, pumpkin cookies! While I make these year-round, I like them best in the fall or winter, especially at Thanksgiving. My version of the recipe is actually halved, and it makes about 30-40 cookies. If you need a lot of cookies, you could double the amounts that I have included, and work from there. I really hope you take some time to make them, and enjoy eating them!!!



Pumpkin Cookies 
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
7-8 ounces canned pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
Brown Sugar Frosting
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
approx. 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined. Add eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla, beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin, then as much of the flour as is possible with the mixer. Beat in the rest of the flour by hand. 
Drop dough by the spoonful 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup butter and brown sugar until melted. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in milk and vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on cooled cookies. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks delicious! I'll have to try it out when life calms down a bit.

    Also, I tagged you for the Writer's Book Tag over at my blog. I'd love to see what you have to say . . . :D

    Brianna | noendofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! As you can see, I finally got the book tag done....I hope you check it out! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete