Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Liebster Award

Ok, I know it's been a REALLY long time since I have posted, and I apologize for that. I got drowned in schoolwork, and I just recently finished up most of it. So, back to blogging!! Yay!! Anyway, the awesome Brianna Stacyn tagged whoever hasn't done this yet, which would be me. Thank you for the opportunity to do this award! It sounds like fun. So anyway, here goes nothing......




Rules:


  • Thank the person who nominated you: Check 
  •    Answer the eleven questions they asked you: Check (By the bottom of this post at least)   
  • Name eleven facts about yourself: Check (again by the bottom of this post) 
  •    Tag other people: Do it if you want to (check) 
  • Give them eleven questions to answer: Check/not check. Make up your own questions! (This is partially laziness and partially curiosity.)

Questions:

1. If you were stranded (like on an island or in the wilderness) with one person you know in real life, who would you choose and why?
My cousin, because he is an Eagle Scout. I feel like that answer explains itself (I'm practical as you can see XD)

2. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
Oh, this is hard. Probably the fact that I love school and learning new things.

3. Can you name a song, place, person, or anything else that always makes you happy?
Yes. Being alone. I know that sounds strange, but as an introvert I need time alone to recharge, and I love reading by myself (aka alone). It always relaxes me and makes me happy.

4. What's something you wish you'd never said?
There are many, many things that I wish never came out of my mouth. It happens a lot. But one of the things I would absolutely take back if I could was saying to my cousin "Do you know how silly that sounds?" when he said something to me once. Now it was rather justified, but it was horrible of me to say and I shouldn't have said it. This is just the most current thing that I wish I had taken back. 

5. Which fictional character(s) do you relate to the most and why?
Right now it would probably be Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind. I know that sounds kind of weird and/or questionable, but I empathize with her desire to protect her land and her home, even at her own expense. She wasn't all bad, and I think a lot of people fail to recognize that.
Another character I really relate to is Meg Murray from A Wrinkle In Time. (The awesome book, not the awful movie.) I don't know exactly why. I just really understand her personality and her character and who she is, because I am a lot like her in many ways.

6. You've been assigned a major research essay, and the topic must be something you are passionate about. What's your topic?
This is so hard, because there are many topics that I am passionate about. However, I would probably write it on either the American higher education system or the American criminal justice system. Both are topics that really interest me and I think that they should be discussed more often.

7. If you could star in a play or a movie, what would it be and what part would you play?
Star Wars, and basically any part that they would give me.

8. You've been given a chance to change your name. Do you change it, and if so, what's your new name?
I kind of like my name. Amelia is really pretty. But if I was going to change it, I would change my name to Autumn. I really love that name, plus it's my favorite season so that's a bonus.


9. What's your worst fear, and why?
I'm going to be honest with you guys here. One of my worst fears is being one of those that Christ speaks of in Matthew 7:23  And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ I know that this is something that Satan uses so that I doubt my faith, but it is a very real fear of mine.

10. Can you describe the craziest idea you've ever come up with?
Let's just say it involves installing a zipline that descends almost three stories and a pool at the end. 

11. What's something challenging that has caused you to grow in significant ways?
Debating through NCFCA. It has been a really hard year, but I have learned so many valuable skills and have had some incredible experiences. I can't wait to debate again next year. 

Facts:

1. I have a middle name that is linked to all my sister's names. One of us is Katie, one is Kate, and one is Katherine. (Some are middle names and some are first). Which do you think is my middle name?
2. I have seven ducks and two rabbits. That's not even counting all my other family members' animals. I love them all to pieces. 
3. I want to become a prosecutor, specifically in criminal law/that area of law. 
4. I am officially done with high school as of this summer. A little early, but I am really excited to see what God has in store for the future.
5. Right now I am in the middle of reading The Great Gatsby for the second time. I still do not have a full understanding and/or appreciation of this book and I can't wait until I do. 
6. I love to watch old TV shows, specifically having to do with crime or the military. Murder, She WroteAdam-12M*A*S*HCHIPS, and A-Team are some of my all-time favorite TV shows. You should definitely check them out if you don't already watch them!
7. Calligraphy is one of my hobbies. I might do a post on it sometime, because it is actually super easy and fun!
8. I am allergic to eggs, pineapple, MSG, red dye, and I am lactose-intolerant. So yeah, a lot of allergies, but I don't really know what I am missing so it doesn't bother me XD.
9. I do not like chocolate. WAIT. Before you send me death threats or shun me, realize that this means more chocolate for you! See? It's actually a good thing!!!
10. I love to grow plants. I am currently growing bluebells, cosmos, hollyhocks, corn, and lavender, as well as overseeing my siblings' pumpkins, strawberries, and lavender. 
11. I have visited 27 (and counting) states. I hope to have visited all 50 some day! That would be super cool. How many states have you all been to? I would love to know!

That was actually really fun! I hope you all enjoyed reading it, and I sincerely hope to get back to blogging more in the next few months. By the way, I have joined Instagram! So you should definitely follow me here if you want 

1 comment:

  1. Cool post!

    Good choice on the eagle scout. It's always nice to live. :P

    Ah The Great Gatsby - I just read that one for school, and I'll be honest that I'd be fine if I didn't read it again... ;)

    27 STATES!! Wow, if you do make it to 50 you would have been everywhere. :P

    BTW, I followed you on instagram.

    Danielle | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com (Snapper)

    ReplyDelete